Chinese Herbal Medicine
A long time ago in a place far, far away … Folks were eating barks, roots, flower stems and the like to treat what ailed them. After experimenting with all the varieties of foliage around them, these intrepid healers began to notice amazing patterns. From their observations, they noticed that the softness and lightness of flowers uplifted the spirit, while the skin of fruits helped the skin on folks. An entire, comprehensive system of medicine began to take shape. They passed on their knowledge to the subsequent generations and soon all the teachings were written down for future doctors.
The medicine refined to an elegant method of treating human beings on all levels of wellness. Whether it is recovering from injuries, keeping the immunity strong to prevent disease, or treat pathologies that arise, Chinese Herbal Medicine (CHM) is a highly organized, independent therapy. When integrated with the other modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the whole effect is one of the world’s most powerful healing methods ever devised.
One of the main ways CHM stands out is precise diagnosing with pinpoint accurate prescriptions. A Licensed Acupuncturist educated and trained in herbal medicine can customize an herbal formula based solely of the presentation of the patient. Meaning, CHM is never a one-size-fits-all scenario. It is specifically individualized to treat a wide assortment of conditions, both acute and chronic.
Raw formulas to powdered granules to patent medicines, CHM offers an array of ways to take your prescribed dose of herbal health. That means the convenience of herbs leaves you no excuses to not be well! The same medical energetic theories for herbs apply equally to foods. Further, many of the herbs we use are foods and culinary spices we use regularly. Many herbalists are experienced in nutritional counseling to really bring you superior health.
A word on safety, well, many words on safety. When prescribed by a trained and licensed practitioner, CHM is very safe. Over centuries of clinical usage, doctors have categorized any toxic effects from herbal medicaments and discovered ways to neutralize those effects. It’s important to remember that aspirin has a toxicity level, as do sugary drinks, and even breath retention techniques. The main impetus of CHM is to create, maintain, and restore balance to the body as a whole.
Features of Chinese Herbal Medicine:
- Medicinal Parts from Plants, Minerals, Animals, Fungi, Insects
- Thousands of years of empirical science has concluded on the accurate usage of each medicament
- Precision Diagnosis with Exact Prescriptions
- Meticulous differentiation of pathological patterns along with synergistic formulaic designs for individual treatment
- Combined Herbal Formulas
- Herbs team up together to augment the power of the entire formula according to the patient’s pattern
- Adjustable according to Dietary Desires
- Vegan, gluten-free, love all things bark? Formulas can be modified based on your dietary preferences
- Safe for long-term clinical application
- Practitioners across the ages have been able to identify how these herbs work on the body
Ever thought about taking herbs, or desire to get an expert consultation? Our experienced practitioners are trained to tackle even the most challenging conditions. We are here to ally you on your wellness journey. Call our office right now to schedule your customized wellness sessions.